Fall

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Smart Little Turd


Sicily's newest favorite toy is this stacker. I watch her struggle with it every day. She tries so hard to get those little rings in the right place. But she's only 1! I didn't think they had the hand eye coordination for that sort of thing.
In Relief Society, on Sunday, she worked for more than 20 mins. on stacking some little blocks. She'd finally get one balanced then knock it all over when she went for the 3rd. She'd get so mad, but just keep trying. When she (we) would finally get that 3rd one to stay on top she'd sit back, puff out her chest and giggle. All proud as a peacock.
My kids never cease to amaze me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if it's a boy thing, but Makua likes to take things apart rather than try to stack or put them together. I show him how to stack the rings and then he pulls them all off and throws them. When he's satisfied that the rings are scattered everywhere, he turns his attention to his books. :P

ameliaharris99 said...

That's so cute! Mine always just tear things apart too! So maybe not just a boy thing. :)

Lelani said...

during the sacrament meeting program, my kids leaned over and said, "the walker kids are SOOOOO smart. they even sound smart! they sound so much better than any of the other kids up there." really. lol I told Jared that day. Ask him!