
So sad we didn't make it all the way to the peak. The kids had fun at the Visitor Center watching the video of it blowing up. People actually had over a months warning that it was going to happen, I'd always been under the impression that it just exploded. Dumb idiots they still had to rescue, you'd think they'd have realized they were on a VOLCANO, I mean, come on!

When I was a kid we went to visit my Uncle Cordell. On their mantle they had a vase marked, "Aunt Helen." I said, "I never knew we had an Aunt Helen." They proceeded to make me feel all guilty that I didn't know my ancestors. Long story short, it was actually ashes from Mt. St. Helen. Dang them! I super wanted some ashes though so I could pull the same joke, but alas, kids have little legs and the hike would have been just a bit too much. There's still plenty up there though apparently, so I'll get some next time.
They say volcanic ash makes things really grow. Check out those clover. We really searched for a 4 leaf, that BIG would've been EXTRA lucky!
No comments:
Post a Comment