Fall

Friday, January 7, 2011

Running Wreck

With all the yummy Christmas food in the house I was desperately needing some exercise. Phoenix needed some one on one time, so we combined the two and went for a running/bike ride. I ran and he biked. It was so fun. We even took the dog. Life was good, we'd crossed the bridge, ran next to the river and were just heading back over the bridge to head home when things took a turn for the worst. Literally!

The sidewalk on the bridge is wider than a normal sidewalk so I thought I'd run up right next to Phoenix instead of behind him. Bad idea apparently. He's only been on the 2 wheeler for about 2 weeks and is still a bit wobbily. As I came up next to him he veered, bumped my hip with his handle bar and lost control. We both went down in a heap.

I honestly don't know what happened. But when I got up my knee was completely scuffed and bleeding, my shoulder too and also my opposite shin. Phoenix was a little tangled in his spokes but otherwise ok.

Discovering all of this my next thought was to look around, and too my great pleasure there was not a soul to be found. YES!!! Nobody saw us wipe out. I must say though, that probably would have made one awesome "Funniest Home Video."

No comments: