Fall

Monday, January 2, 2012

Harry and the Fireplace

When Jared was a kid his Grandma used to read to them by the fireplace each night, or whenever they were at her home. Our new house has a beautiful fireplace set with a cumfy couch, throw pillows and blankets. This was the perfect setting (in Jareds opinion) to continue his Grandmothers tradition. But unlike Grandma who read "Where the Red Fern Grows" and other classics, we decided the kids were at the right age to read "Harry Potter."

And so it begins. Each night we've been reading a chapter before the kids go to bed and just enjoying the warmth of the fire in this freezing cold city.


As you can see Sicily enjoyed the fire a little more than the story. :) She was so sleepy, and so cumfy I couldn't blame her. Who knew "Harry Potter" was such a good bedtime story. :)

1 comment:

Angie said...

I'm glad you are getting all settled. But I want to see more pics! Come on, get to work, it isn't like you have anything better to do with your time. (: