Fall

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July

Our 4th of July is different every year because we always seem to be living in a different country.  But you still have to bust out the Red, White and Blue no matter where you live.

We started our day with yummy strawberry/blueberry French Toast.  Yumm-o!
Next we did a bit of arts and crafts and made these wind socks out of plastic table clothes and some wire, they took forever but the kids loved them.  We actually had a Canadian friend over while we made these so she made hers just red and white to match the Canadian flag.
Then I accidentally cut the table cloth the wrong way so we made some little wreaths too with the short strips.  Oh!  And lovely (but too sweat) sugar cookies.
Jared was out of town again, so we took some photos of our red, white and blue soda so he could at least see what we had.  First I'll show you the nice photo.  You know, that one that's usually #16 in the roll because that's when you finally get all the kids to smile at once.
 And now I'll show you some of the others.  Aspen swallowing her pop wrong.
 Phoenix doing one of his classic "man belches."
 And everyone laughing afterwards, while Phoenix acts so proud of himself.
Like most folks we were not able to do fireworks here, but not due to drought.  They're not even legal here, ever.  I couldn't even find sparklers.  But I did find these cool packets you throw in the fire and it makes your fire burn funky colors.  Though the lady did warn us to cook your marshmallows first, then burn the packet.  I'm guessing we really don't want those chemicals in our food.  So this along with some confetti poppers were our fireworks for our 2012 4th of July.
God Bless America!!!

No comments: