Fall

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Free Day at the Zoo

Presidents Day at the Houston Zoo is free. But even cooler, the older kids were all still in school. So me and my 2 littlest went to the Zoo with some friends. It was fairly empty, and families that were there were all toddlers too. So fun.

So we started off with the seals. Fattest thing ever, but we only got to pose with the fake one.
Never thought an Eagles nest would be low enough for kids to play in. The ladder helps though.
This cute little Otter swam and swam for about 10 mins. He's like a little beaver but cuter. Phoenix walked off with out me cause I was having too much fun watching him swim.
My little train engineer. This hat was Aspens Christmas present so it got passed on. Too good too, looks so cute on Sicily.
Big scary cave, actually took me a few minutes to convince Phoenix to go in there. Cute little fake fox though.
Phoenix took this shot of Sicily and Me. That's a goat we're petting. They were the most docile things I'd ever seen.
Flamingos are just the prettiest birds ever. And I love how their knees bend backwards.
Coolest animal in the Zoo. Panther, there was a solid black one in the cage too. Looking at him I could understand why women wear fur.
"THE FOSSA ARE ATTACKING!!!" -Madagascar. They are for real animals and they really are from Madagascar.
Just swimming with they Piranhas Mom. Took some convincing to get him in there but then he went through 2 more times after this one.
Burmese Python. Phoenix thought it was cool that this snake could eat Dad.
Put this right by your back gate and you'll never get Burglars. I gotta figure out how to make these. I need a few in my yard.

2 comments:

Chris said...

That looks like a fun zoo. I really need to come visit you and see all that Houston has to offer.

ameliaharris99 said...

How fun! :)