Fall

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Gardening

Well we did it. As many of you know we've planted a garden. But there were MANY weeks and MUCH labor to get it ready.

Step #1: Get some dirt. The dirt here is crap and turns to clay about 6 inches down. So we built up.
London thoroughly enjoyed having his sick day when the dirt came.Step #2: Free Labor. I think every kid in the neighborhood came out to help shovel the dirt into the wheel barrel and then rake it into the garden. Not totally free though, I paid them all with ice cream.
Step #3: Build fence. We have a dog that LOVES to bury his toys and a rabbit that will eventually eat everything, hence the fence.
Step #4: Plant. Aspens sick day (afternoon when she felt better) was spent planting. London was rather sad he missed this step. But he's going to help get the Peppers/Capsicums to sprout, so we can plant some little plants.

Step #5: Wish us luck. I just hope something grows. I think bugs are already getting my tomatoes, any suggestions?

3 comments:

Katie said...

Best of luck with your garden! Sorry, I have no tips. Jared is the gardener around here!

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous! You planted a garden already?! I always field my plant questions to Debbie and April. Good luck with your garden. Home grown veggies are the best! :)

Lelani said...

I only planted tomatoes .. in a pot. So I don't know! I hope to have some. I would probably buy a net to put over the garden to keep the birds away.