After seeing the Terra Cotta Warriors we headed downstairs to a much less crowded but just as interesting exhibit. I am just loving the Science Museum lately. Of course you can't take your camera in there so these are the outside shots.
We saw AMAZING bird feather head dresses (they keep the birds as pets to get the feathers, I was happy not so many birds were dieing for the sake of their cool hats), earrings that were a foot long (the rod that went through the ear holes was made of bamboo), weapons that were so intricately decorated I'm surprised they would actually use them (they even had a harpoon type spear that was pretty cool), and so very much more.
Oh! And we learned how they make shrunken heads and why. But I'll only write about that if people want me to, I don't want to make anyone sick. :)
It's just amazing that places and people like this still even exist in our world today.
London DESPERATELY wanted to buy this for Aunt Marlene for Christmas. She has SEVERE arachnophobia! Little stinker.
1 comment:
Little Stinker is right!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment