Fall

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Crazy Sicily

2 year olds are such a joy. There is never a lack of enthusiasm or personality. So this post is dedicated to my sweet little 2 year old Sicily.
We finally learned to jump and had to make a video to prove it. Don't mind the "lack" of clothes, she's just really happy she can finally get some air.


Toast is always tasty for breakfast. But when you think about it what is the best part of the toast? The middle, right? Notice the big hole in the middle of her toast. As soon as she saw it on her plate she took a big ol' bit right out of the center. Butter all over her nose and chin, but she was ever so happy.
Getting ready for bed. If you know Sicily, you'll know she ALWAYS has her "Burpie" (burp cloth) with her. Lately she's taken to dragging around her blankets too. I'm just glad we don't have to drag the blanket with us to the store.I just love when they stick their little bums up in the air. This is a common pose for our little girl.
And here's the latest. We did a room change with all the kids and we're kind of potty training. All this change has made Sicily think she doesn't have to sleep in her bed anymore. To avoid too much of this we've started locking her in her room when we tuck her in. She doesn't cry or complain so you'd think she'd get the clue, but no. When we check on her before we go to bed she is ALWAYS asleep on her floor just inside her door. So we tuck her back in and this time just close the door, and not lock it.
But since the door is now unlocked, in the middle of the night, she's been joining Jared and I in our bed too. I don't even realize I've pulled her into my bed till I'm way over on Jared's side and Sicily starts to get wiggly. It's amazing how much room a 2 year old needs in a Queen Sized bed. I don't want to lock her in all night, but I am in need of some sleep. If anyone has some suggestions I am open to them.

4 comments:

Tori said...

We have a child lock on the inside of Adam's room. This way he can't come out. If he needs us he calls out and we go get him. It's not a big deal. At least that's how I look at it.

Anonymous said...

Makua's still in his crib for this very reason. :) But I guess he has to learn sometime eh?

When we do take the plunge, I'm just planning on using his old baby gate to block the door (which he has yet to try to climb over, but will probably try to once we put him in a bed).

I don't know if reasoning works with Sicily, but I heard that there are nightlights out there that work like alarms. When you put them down at night, the nightlight is a moon. When it's ok for them to be up and get out of bed (you determine the time), the nightlight turns into a sun.

Makua slept in our bed once last week. Never again. He kicks hard!

Ms. McKellips said...

Have you considered sleeping in Sicily's bed? Apparently, its empty most of the time.

Meg said...

A 2-yr-old can take over a whole queen-size bed, I've found. Normally I just take my girls back to bed, I only let them stay if I'm really exhausted and too lazy to get out of bed. It only took a few times and they don't come much anymore.