Fall

Friday, January 15, 2010

Boys will be Boys

After a rather roundy game of football on the trampoline with his friends, London came home with these. I didn't know you could even bend glasses this far. I was not about to try and fix them, they would break for sure.

So we took them into the Eye Dr for repair. The Dr, himself, looked at London's glasses, as I asked if they'd be covered under the 1 year warranty. He said, "Well, that usually only covers normal wear and tare." To which I responded, "Well he is 9. This is normal wear and tare." He didn't find that as amusing as I did.

I fully expected to have to buy some new glasses, but to my surprise they were able to fix them. Thank goodness. So we got our glasses back in one piece. And London has been informed to NOT wear his glasses if things get a bit too rowdy.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Hey! we have done that. . . way too many times to count. Thank goodness that those things are flexible.

Ms. McKellips said...

Hey, they're not nearly as bad as Ralphie's in The Christmas Story. And he didn't shoot his eye out!

Bowman family said...

I cant tell you how many glasses we have been through. We are waiting on a repair right now. ugh

Marissa said...

That's the way my glasses looked after Noah got a hold of them. I thought your wear and tear comment was right on!

Melissa said...

I am laughing so hard, others got up to see what was so funny! I soooo can relate to destroying the glasses (BL--before lasik).

Really...that is normal wear and tear for a 9 year old boy. I think you could have argued that point if they weren't able to fix it.

Love the new family picture header!

Lelani said...

I think I replaced Christian's glasses twice a month for the longest time. ha ha ha and he still sits on them every now and then!

Liz said...

LOL! Yes, for a nine-year-old that is totally normal wear and tear:)