We started Swim Team on May 10th. 4 days a week we practice for an hour and a half. The kids LOVE it and are having so much fun. So now that it's summer we are into the Meets. The kids had such a great first Meet, and did awesome!
Here's London diving in for his Freestyle race.

Whew! That was fast! He did great. Stroked much faster than he does in practice and listened to me when I told him to only breathe every 4th stroke. Made him MOVE!

He took 5th for his heat (out of 6), and his time was great.

Aspen getting ready to dive right in. Don't they just look like Olympic Swimmers!?!

I was actually able to get a video of the end of her race. She did awesome too. She's really come a long way on her endurance. She'd usually poop out towards the end, but she's definitely making it all the way now.
And big smiles at the end. Aspen took 2nd in her Heat (out of 3 swimmers). Way to go!
2 comments:
Aspen has the most unique form of breathing. She reminds me of a sea turtle coming up for air. I am so glad the kids get to do this, swimming ROCKS!!
Okay so I took a second look and in the photo were London is diving in... what's up with the kid in the top lane?? Doesn't he realize this is not a belly flop competition? Too funny.
Post a Comment