Two weeks ago Charlie was diagnosed with Lymphoma (cancer in the lymph nodes), he was already in Stage 3. They can treat K-9 Cancer with Chemotherapy, but this type can only be put into remission and is not curable, it would come back in 13 months time or less. He's put up a good fight, and we made him as comfortable as we could.
He really has been the best dog in the world. So sweet and funny. Protective of the kids, and me. Our big Teddy Bear and footstool (when Phoenix was little). Such a comfort to have there with you, especially when Jared was out of town. We could not have asked for a better dog and I don't know if we'll ever have another as good as him.

Jared gave me and the kids some amazing words of comfort, they are found in Doctrine & Covenants 77:2-3. They pretty much tell us that we know we'll see him again, and we know he is in a much better place and no longer hurting.
We love you Charlie!!

10 comments:
:( Sorry to hear about your dog. Hope the kiddies are taking it ok.
So sorry for you guys! He looked like a great dog!! Hope you get some other great dog in the near future for the kids to play around with. :)
I'm so sorry guys. I know it all happened really fast. He was a good boy. So sorry for your loss.
I'm so sorry!
So sorry to hear about your dog:(
I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a pet can be so hard.
Oh how sad! I always liked Charlie too. I'm sorry for your loss.
I'm so sorry Suzy! They quickley become part of the family! If you ever need to borrow Zoe, just let me know. (:
we lost our dog Sassy about two years ago to the same cancer. same thing happened and all so fast .... we still get teary eyed when we think about it. so sorry :-(
Oh how sad! I'm really sorry about Charlie, Suz.
Post a Comment