Fall

Monday, May 2, 2011

OWWW!!!!

My kids have definitely inherited my clumsy gene. But this time around it had nothing to do with being a klutz.

As we left the church after the Young Woman's Dinner London was exiting in his flip flops, with Jared close behind. I'm not really exactly sure how it happened, but as London walked out of the church building the door was closing behind him so Jared caught the door and pushed it forward so he could exit too. Now these doors are metal, heavy and have very sharp pointed corners on the base. Imagine it as getting ran into by a shopping cart, but one that was a sharp pointy door.

Whacked London right on the ankle. I've never seen a boy go down that fast or that hard. Jared was in a panic, because a fake cry and a real cry are 2 completely different things. But after a lot of ice, and limping for a few days, he was ok. I always hate it when my kids get hurt. But I have to say I hate it even more when it's our fault.

No comments: