Fall

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Time-Out for Women

This years "Time Out for Women" was in San Antonio, TX. If you are ever visiting Texas, that is the city to go to. It is amazingly beautiful, so much to see and do. We spent the weekend doing A LOT of talking and talking and talking, I think we were up until 1 AM. It was like a 2 day long Relief Society Meeting. Doesn't get better than that. We stopped on the way up at the Outlet Stores, and even hit Bucees on the way up and back. Thank goodness for fudge and jerky tasting.
We stayed in the Historic Crockett Hotel, which is right behind the Alamo.
Of course we had to do a little tour of the Alamo and snap a few shots, it's so pretty at night.
On the other side of the Alamo there are a lot of wax museums and ice cream parlors. I had to get this shot for Phoenix. He LOVES Bumblebee! And Sorbets are never bad for you when you've been walking all day.
So it wasn't all just food and chatting. There were some excellent speakers too: Sheri Dew, Emily Watts, Amanda Dickenson. And some Music by Jericho Road. I took tons of notes, cried some here and there and was very much spiritually uplifted. I am so grateful to Deseret Book for bringing this program to us Mormons that don't live inside of Utah. Thank you!

No comments: