Fall

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday Drive

Jared wanted to take a Sunday Drive out to the Mountains. So, much to the displeasure of the children, we bundled them up and stuffed them and the dog into the car and headed towards Kaninaskis, Alberta. Here's a few things we saw along the way.

So this is obviously not an LDS Church, but wouldn't it be cool if it was. Out in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of a field surrounded by mountains and rivers. So pretty.
I grew up in Utah in the middle of mountains until I was 21 years old. But I have never seen mountains like these. HUGE!!!

GRAND!!!

And Beautiful!!!

While slowing down around a corner we saw a couple playing hockey on a frozen pond. So we stopped to join them and take a walk.

Phoenix had a right fit getting out of the car, he thought he was going to freeze to death right there.

The pond was solid, you could see a good 2 feet down of straight ice. And the man that was skating told us not to worry too much, if you did fall in this particular pond was not too deep, so you'd be just fine. Brrrrrr!

But we were fine. Cold, but fine.

Sicily did keep a firm grip on my hand though, for warmth and so as not to slip and fall on the ice. Next time we'll bring our skates and hockey sticks too.

The couple that was skating had a black lab that Beaux was quick to make friends with. But Beaux soon learned when you go at a dead run on the ice it takes a good 6 feet to stop.



We took a different route home, but it was still just as beautiful. Can you believe these Mountains? Can't wait to go skiing.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh Suzy! Those mountains are absolutely amazing. I thought the mountains here in Fort Collins were nice-but they are nothing like the ones there. Yeah for beautiful scenery! I hope your family is loving it there.

Lelani said...

gorgeous!

jennthegreat said...

It's so pretty there! I love the mountains, too. Looks like home to me. :) Hope your kids adjust to the temperature soon.