Fall

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Flat Tire

This backwards posting always messes me up.

Today we got to see some wonderful friends from Hobbs, NM that moved up here to Shelley, ID. Great visit, loads of fun. We thought we were done and I was heading off to McDonald's before our next event and the car started to make a funny noise. Now if you've been in much of ID you'll notice lots of the roads are gravel. So I thought it was just the rocks in the wheel well. Well further on away from their home I just wasn't sure that's what it was. A little indicator light had come on on my dashboard on the way to their house telling me my tire was low, this has happened in the past so I thought nothing of it. But when the car started with the funny noises we stopped to take a look. Half a mile from Janet's house it didn't look this bad, but when I turned around and made it back this is what we found.

Not just flat, completely mutilated. The rim was ok though, thank goodness, but the tire was definitely a gonner.
Janet called her most WONDERFUL husband, Jordan, at work and he was AWESOME!!! Jacked up the car, took my tire in, bought me a new one, jacked it up some more, put the new tire on and sent me on my way.
Our overall visit was extended, which was just fine with me. Kids got Mac and Cheese instead of McDonald's and got to play some more on the little farm, which was just fine with them. I just want to say THANK YOU to Jordan for taking a nice LONG lunch break to SAVE THE DAY for me and my little family.
Now, so you don't think Jared knows what to do in this situation, he does, but he was not a lot of help today seeing as he's in BOSTON for work. So Jordan was definitely the HERO of the day. Thanks again Jordan!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's quite the adventure! I've never experienced a flat tire. Thank heavens you have great friends to help you out. I wouldn't know one thing about changing a tire. Hmmm...maybe I should get on that.

Lelani said...

oh my gosh! you shredded that tire! yikes!!! good thing it didn't affect the rim. and good thing you don't drive a 4 wheel drive (like our cars). then you have to replace all 4 tires. you should get a AAA membership. it rocks for stuff like this and when you don't have friends nearby.