I know you're thinking these are the funniest looking flowers you've ever seen, and yes they are, but they come with a story. Let me share.When Jared and I were dating I came home one day from the worst day of school and work ever. I was completely grumpy and not happy at all. As I walked into my house there on the kitchen counter were some flowers. You know how they usually wrap flowers in celophane? Wll these were wrapped in Newspaper, so I couldn't see them. And there written in magic marker it said, "To Suzy." I was so excited and knew they were from Jared, so I started to opened them up and the phone rings. It's Jared of course, acting all sweet and inoccent to my question of if he left something for me.
Now, like every girl I was expecting Roses or Daisys or something of the like. But instead I find the biggest Mum/Dandylion/Sunflower thing I have ever seen. I swear the stem was as big around as a quarter. All I said to Jared was, "What the Heck is it?!?" He busted up laughing. Which is exactly what I needed that crappy day.
He said he ment to buy me some Daffodils, which are my favorite, but when he pointed out what he wanted to the flower shop lady she thought he ment the Mum thing. She then went all off about how glad she was he wanted them, how she thought they were so pretty and no one ever bought them. Jared just didn't have the heart to tell her that he didn't want them either. He's such a sweetie!
So yes, for my 10th Anniversary flowers I did not get Roses or Daffodils, I got a big HUMONGUS Mum, and I love it.
2 comments:
aw, so sweet!
That is so cute! I totally laughed at your response! :)
Post a Comment