Fall

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Eve

After much wrapping of presents while hiding behind locked doors, we bundled up the kids and went Ice Skating. It was SO much fun this year, the kids LOVED it. And we had much less sore bottoms than we had last year.

I know this shot is completely blurry (phone camera), but I had to prove we ALL made it out onto the ice.
Even Sicily who wouldn't put on skates to save her life LOVED "ice skating." She walked round and round that rink, holding our hands and pulling us along behind her. I don't think the rink people ever realized she wasn't actually wearing skates. Thank goodness for that too, because she was loving life and didn't want to sit on the side lines.
Aspen is just a natural at most anything like this. If you're meant to look pretty she is at the front of the line. But before you think she is as amazing as we think she is....
This is the shot just following that beautiful leg lift. Yep, pretty much flat on her face. :) But she jumped up smiling and did it all over again.
We didn't finish skating till after 5:30, and we were all a bit hungry and not wanting to cook. So we headed to the local Chinese Restaurant. I can't remember the name of this place, but I will find out and tell you because it has the best Chinese Food EVER!

The entire time we were eating the meal all I could think of was a line from "The Christmas Story," "Fa Ra Ra Ra Ra...." If you haven't ever seen that show, get it and watch it. So stinking funny!
When we got home we discovered that the Police Elves from "The Santa Clause" had delivered and early Christmas Present. They do it every year, and every year it's new PJ's. I completely forgot to take a shot of them in their new jamies. So I'll get that on here ASAP.

1 comment:

Lelani said...

name of restaurant, please??? we also get new jammies ... :-)