Fall

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Surfside Beach

Final Day of Spring Break 2011 was a trip to the Beach. We went early to beat the crowds, but it was a little cold. That didn't stop my kids from swimming, especially Aspen, whom I did not get many pictures of as she spent half of the day in the water and the other half collecting Sea Glass to make a flower pot out of.

We started the day by teaching our friends that these are not Jelly Fish. One Dad was burying them all before he would let his kids get out of the car. They are actually seaweed seed pods. Cool eh? They're like blue balloons, they even POP! when you step on them.
Phoenix only ventured into the water a little bit, he's not one for the cold. But he had Plenty of fun digging and digging.
I didn't even realize Jared had taken Sicily out for a swim until I heard her crying. Our little snow sled (which has seen more beach than snow) apparently tipped her right into the freezing water. She was not too happy.
But after a warm up under the towels and a few snacks she camped her little butt in the sand and had loads of fun.
Though London doesn't mind the cold water I think he went numb, so he came in for some sand time too.
Our friend Devin came with us and got completely coated in mud. I'm not too sure how this happened, as he spent a good portion of the morning under a towel keeping warm and playing his DS. Aw well, at least he had a little beach time like the rest of us.
We always take our kites to the beach. There is ALWAYS wind and NO trees, so it's perfect. Jared prefers his trick kite, which he scares people to death with when he dive bombs them, it is pretty funny actually. But today we had a flock of Pelicans fly over making a perfect camera shot for me.
We did bring our puppy to the beach with us, and he loved everything. I think he made it his personal goal to smell, taste and pee on every patch of sea weed he could find. He was a little afraid of the waves though, and after Phoenix splashed him a few times...
he wouldn't go back into the water. But that doesn't mean he didn't have fun chasing all the kids and sea birds. It was a good day for Beaux.
I love the Beach. I love that we live so close. The kids always have a good time at the beach. We actually got a couple of Jelly Fish stings this time around (Aspen and London) but they powered through it to make the most of their last day of Spring Break.

1 comment:

Ms. McKellips said...

I miss the ocean *sniff sniff*