Fall

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Footstock 2012

Aspen and I had a fun weekend running.  The Cochrane Footstock race consists of a 5K, 10K and a Half Marathon.  Aspen did the 5K and I did the Half.  Here we are all warm with smiles, ready to go.
The hosts had some booths set up inside selling water bottles, energy drinks and other random running paraphernalia.  But we also happened upon a Henna booth.  So we both got "tattoos" for the day.
Including our numbers of course.  It wasn't the best henna, I wished it'd come out a darker brown or black, but it was cheap so what do you do. 
Aspen didn't have to run alone.  Her friend Joselyn ran with her.  They came in at 47 min 10 sec, that's 15 min miles for 3.2 miles.  Good Job Aspen, that's a long run when you're only 9.
It was a misty rain all morning, and probably around 45 degrees.  I wore a hat, jacket and gloves plus the scarf/du rag thing they gave us just to keep warm.  13.1 miles in the mud and gravel takes it's toll.  I didn't realize till I got home, that I was just at filthy as everyone else in the race. 
I came in 7th place out of 38 in my age bracket, with a time of 1 hr 53 min.  44th place overall, out of 176 Half Marathoners.  Not too shabby.
Jared and I were meant to go to a Big Band Dance that evening.  That did not happen.  I could not walk too good for a few days and was limping that evening.  But come Monday, everything was fine and I continued my training with a 4 mile run.  We'll see how my recovery goes in July after my Marathon.  Wish me luck.

No comments: