But on the flip side London wanted to have a sleepover party with some friends while Aspen was at a Birthday Sleepover this evening. So he invited 2 Mormon boys and 1 non-Mormon friend. They are all excellent kids and let Sicily spend the evening spraying them with squirt guns and played soccer with Phoenix till he was the happiest camper ever.
While eating our S'more Buffet (Cookies and Cream Chocolate, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Score Bars, Rolo's, Caramelo's and some Chili Pepper Chocolate we found) we had a little discussion with our non-member friend Logan Parker. He's a great kid, been here lots of times. Respectful when we pray and all that stuff. Their family just recently lost their Grandma, Logan's Great-Grandma. They're not super religious so his Mom (Christine) had talked to me about where her Grandma was now. I think she was trying to get every bodies opinion to help her deal with the grief. I ended up sending the Sister Missionaries to their house to take her a pamphlet on the "Plan of Happiness."
So all that having just happened Logan mentioned that the Sisters had come by. To which Phoenix pipes up, "We're related to Sister (Lana) Strathearn." Logan was totally confused. So I explained that my Great Grandfather's Brother was married to Lana's Great Great Auntie.
"How would you KNOW that?!?" Logan asked. He was just in awe.
So we explained Genealogy.
"Like ancestory.ca?"
"Yes, exactly like that. But we also use Familysearch.org."
I actually love their new Fan Charts. It's so much easier to see everything on one page.
So all in all a fun evening, just never thought I'd be having Genealogy discussions with a 12 year old.

No comments:
Post a Comment