I have the pleasure of being the Activity Day Girls Leader. I have a total of 13 girls, who take turns in coming every other week due to their busy lives outside of church. This week I had 5 little troopers who joined me at our campsite in the Church Gym.
We practice setting up the tent, then each shared our favorite scripture stories. I spoke of King Benjamin and facing our tents (homes) towards the Temple. We then read the latest Conference address by Thomas S. Monson, while looking at pictures I'd put up of Temples from all over the world.
And since you can't have an open flame inside of the church building, we enjoyed a Christmas light camp fire.And then used the oven to toast our marshmallows.
Can't help but try to roast a few over the lights though.
I found the words to a few Camp Fire Songs. They loved it! Pink Pajamas they just said, "Gross!" And the "Sipping Cider" you should have seen their faces on the lip to lip part. It was hilarious.
8-11 year old girls can sure be a lot of fun!


No comments:
Post a Comment