Tis the season of canning. Since there's not much in the Faith in God booklet about food storage we decided to read a Conference Report on it instead, which is in the booklet. :) And watch a short video on the Church Farms. Then apply our new found knowledge by making some jam for the girls to take home.
I wanted to use my awesome Victorio Strainer, because I knew they'd think it was awesome too. And I had some frozen blackberries already, so the plan was to make Apple-Blackberry Jam. From left to right: Sierra, Sicily, Jocelyn, Teagan (a friend), Rylie, Isabel, Aspen and Nena.
We each got a turn squishing the fruit down the funnel and turning the handle to make it all come out.
Next comes sugar, which means a little heat to make it dissolve. Note Sicily's awesome smile. She's crazy that one!
And last but not least, you must taste test the jam. I made homemade bread which was hot and aromatic by the time the jam was finished. They went through 2 loaves in 10 mins. :) Gotta love em!
No comments:
Post a Comment