I love Holidays that celebrate our Nations Hero's. We are lucky enough to go to church with a young man who will go on his Tour of Duty to Afganistan in just 6 months. This young Hero came to our Cub Scout Den meeting today to teach my boys the importance of the Armed Forces.
Brother Peacock, MARINE!
He kept these boys attention for an entire hour. I can't even get them to all sit at the same time for more than 5 mins. What else would you expect from a Marine? Especially when he's talking about grenades, tanks and bazookas.
They got the entire low down of all his training. Including trying to lift his 100 lb back pack. He brought all his gear (minus the M16) and taught them what everything was for and how it could ALL save his life. Right down to the MRE's.
It's times like these when I am PROUD to be and American! I've lived over seas and been away from "home" for years at a time. And coming back makes me appreciate more and more what Men and Women like Brother Peacock do for me and my family every day. I thank Brother Peacock for coming to my home and showing my Den the importance of the Armed Forces, and teaching them the respect that these Men/Women deserve!
3 comments:
What an amazing experience for those boys. They will never forget what they learned today. Good thinking asking him to come and talk to them!
That is awesome! I know I'm not a boy but can I be in your Den? I swear you guys have so much fun all the time! :) Keep up the great work.
What a good idea. I wish I had thought of that.
Post a Comment