Fall

Monday, December 6, 2010

Rake the Leaves

I sent Aspen outside Thanksgiving morning to sweep the leaves off the front porch so they wouldn't all get tracked into the house when our company came. She was all excited and set out with such good intentions.

About 10 mins later I figured she'd be done so I went outside to check. She was not on the front porch, the broom was but she wasn't. Instead she was across the street raking the neighbors front yard.

Mom: "Aspen! You're supposed to be sweeping the porch."
Aspen: "I know, but I wanted to rake their leaves."
Mom: "Well, come sweep our porch and Then you can rake their leaves."
Aspen: "Oh...ok."

Don't you just love those random acts of service.
The raking wasn't so much to get it off their grass as it was to bury her bike.
And her partners in crime. Sam and Sophia Strathearn. These 2 with Aspen makes for an interesting afternoon.

No comments: