Fall

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Going to School

After some conversations with friends about wake up times and school schedules I decided I'd much rather let my younger ones sleep in and have the older ones get some jobs done in the morning, than get up at 6:15 so we can catch the bus by 7:20.

So now London's still up by 6:15 but he practices piano, cleans up his room, gets last minute homework done, feeds the dog and sometimes takes a shower if he missed it the night before.

Aspen's up at 7:00 so she can empty the dishwasher, clean her room and have time to actually do her hair.

Phoenix sleeps till 7:15 and is lucky enough to just have to feed the fish, get dressed and eat breakfast.

Sicily, of course, is usually still in her PJ's as the car pulls out of the drive. As am I some days.
But everyone is happier. They get more sleep and have more time to play with their friends after school because they're not having to do it all before they can play, because it's already done.

No comments: