Let's start with the Cat Tails. We used to beat Cat Tails across the road at my Grandma Wolds house in Riverdale, ID every time we went to visit. It was the best. You'd gather 20 or so, I don't remember how many, and beat a big line of them across the road. Then we'd climb in the ditch and wait for a car to drive by. We were ever so sneaky. As soon as one went through our line, POOF, one huge cloud of fluff. The best was when they'd have their windows down, or once a motorcycle went through it. That was funny! I think the last time we did it a Cop drove through, pretty sure we didn't do it after that.
So Huntsville State Park in Huntsville, TX has Cat Tails. I showed the boys what to do with them, and they took it to the next level. I'm honestly not too sure how they got a hold of so many, I could barely get one with out falling in the lake.
They only had about 10, and look at all that fluff. They proceeded to try and stuff it down Ty's older brother's (Blake) shirt. There was fluff all weekend
This game is always a winner when your kind of bored from camping. I think some of the ball and strings got stuck on the roof of our shelters a few times.
Our first night there it was COLD, low 40's. We all had nice warm sleeping bags but the kids slept with their coats on. Sicily had mine and Jared's coats, her sleeping bag and a blanket. She was toasty warm. I didn't stray too far from Jared that night, it was cold on my side of our big sleeping bag.
The following morning Jared was relishing the crisp air. Sicily was not too big of a fan, so she stole Daddy's coat. I love this picture.
We did a little fishing. London caught the most and even cooked some up in his tin foil dinner. Loved them too. Phoenix caught a couple but also managed to reel in a turtle. We let it go, don't worry, no turtle stew for us.
London, Ty, Devin and Tyler (and Devin's little brother Braeden). They're playing some random Ninja game. I don't really get it, but they do it all the time and laugh all the way through.
This is Ben Barrow. Jared brought the most GINORMOUS marshmallows I have ever seen. They were the equivelant to 4 regular large marshmallow. Ben tried to make a regular sized s'more with his and though it was tastey it didn't work out too well on the clean side. :)
We were able to do plenty of biking with the kids and even a little swimming on this trip. There are alligators in the area, so they had a section netted off for people to swim. I found the water a little cold myself, but of course my kiddos jumped right in.All in all a good Camping Trip. And though we miss the Mountains in UT and ID we are so excited to discover there are fun places like this here that can compensate for our missing mountains.
2 comments:
I just learned the Ninja game from the Young Women. Once you figure it out, it's actually fun but sometimes you get slapped pretty hard.
Good Job Suzy. You have officially passed on the tradition of Beating Cattails. I'm so proud of you!!!!!
Post a Comment