I love Conference. I love hearing our Priesthood Authorities teach us. I love the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I love the Spirit that's in my home as I listen to it all. I just love Conference.This year Conference was a bit different for my family. Jared's been out of town for work for over a week now, so I got to do Conference with the kids on my own. You'd think that because you're home it'd be easier (definitely easier than church on my own). But I think the longer Jared is gone the more obnoxious and disobedient my kids get.
Let's just say:
London listened to most of Conference, but that was really only because he got Chocolate Chips every time they said Jesus and Graham Cracker Sticks every time they mentioned the Prophet. Though to his credit, he did take some good notes that we're planning on talking about tomorrow.
Aspen colored in her Conference Packet for about the first 15 mins., then mostly bounced around the room till I'd get annoyed enough to kick her outside or upstairs. She was, although, very good at finding the picture of all the General Authorities that spoke, which earned her a sticker each time.
Phoenix learned to pump himself on the swing on Friday and has had no other interests since. So with the low 80's wonderful weather we had today, he was either outside swinging or standing in the doorway complaining that no one wanted to come play with him because they were actually trying to listen to Conference.
Sicily, well ... she's 18 months old ... enough said. She was ready for her nap about 30 mins. into the first session. Then was wide awake and giggly ALL through the 2nd session. Truly LOVED London for all the Chocolate Chips he kept feeding her and really ADDED to Phoenix's complaints by forcing us to keep the back door open so she could climb in and out and in and out for over an hour.
So in the end I actually tape recorded the entire 2 days of Conference and the little snipits that I happened to hear I REALLY truly did enjoy. But when it comes down to the meat of the Gospel, let's just say I'll be watching Conference for the next few nights after the kids are in bed. :)
5 comments:
Our conference was similar, between our notes taking journals, there were legos and train tracks spread all over the room. I hope Jared gets back soon. It is hard to have him gone.
Wow, you are amazing for trying. I think I would have given up, sent them all to their rooms and watched it by myself. Maybe thats why my kids have issues...their mom has no patience.
one of my favorite things to do is watch it online. it's on lds.org. my hubby won't watch it so I catch bits and pieces here and there when it's actually happening. then I watch the whole thing with the kids in the morning while eating breakfast. that means we don't read scriptures for a few days but hey, it's a good substitute. and you can choose individual talks, etc. it's a great set up.
I was just thinking about how great it was having two things this conference:
1. a basement to force the kids into
2. no babies!
I got to hear a ton!!! Sorry for you Suz. way to prepare for the kiddos though. It could've been so much worse!
I'm intending to watch it again as soon as I get a chance (I think it is already available at lds.org). I didn't get as much as out of it as I was hoping. It's SO much harder with kids.
Post a Comment