If you didn't know, I have a Bachelors in Art History from Utah State University. I love Art and everything about it. I look forward to when my kids are old enough to appreciate what they are looking at and the significance of how old it is and who painted it.
I must say this though, Curators at Art Museums are more stuffy than biddy old Librarians. If I worked at a Museum it would not be boring OR stuffy. Sometimes you feel like your walking through a morgue the way they all act. A good coloring section would have been awesome, set it up right in front of Van Gough's Starry Night and more kids would LOVE to come see the Art.
For those of you that don't know the MFAH is free EVERY Thursday. Go take a look, they've got a lot of cool stuff. www.mfah.org
1 comment:
That's a great idea Suzy! You should drop that into their suggestion box. Directors get stuck in a rut and forget to jazz it up sometimes. I think they would really like your idea. Ask Wendy about the most amazing library they took me too. Now those folks know how to bring in the kids!!
Post a Comment