Fall

Friday, September 4, 2009

Flores

Here's the entrance to Flores. We actually stayed in a hotel across the river then had to walk across this huge bridge to get to the island of Flores. Notice the rooster heads on the Arch. That's the symbol of Gallo, pretty much the Bud Light of Guatemala. They have so much money and they donate it everywhere, which is kind of cool but kind of weird too.
I think these cobble stone streets were worse than the ones in Reu.
Aren't these houses so pretty. It would never be boring to walk these streets, always beautiful things to look at.
So if you can't afford barbwire to top your fences, just glue down some broken bottles. And I tell ya, if I saw this on a fence I think that'd be the last one I'd be trying to scale.
So I'm petitioning Jared to paint our house this color. :) Inside or out, I don't mind.
I know we have these flowers here, but these just seemed that much bigger.
This is a little island of the island of Flores. All around Flores these boat drivers were trying to convince us to take a ride. Those boats, though, did not look too safe. So we just took shots from the shore.
I've always loved sunsets, especially when the clouds are rolling in.
Here's our Hotel from the Flores side.

No comments: