Fall

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Brazos with Grandma & Grandpa

What a perfect day for a picnic and to go exploring in the alligator habitat. We had a wonderful time with Grandma and Grandpa, and it was fun to just have Sicily and I there. Nice and quiet, actually able to have a conversation.
Notice the sign: "Don't annoy the alligators." Dad was tempted to poke at them with his crutches. But we told him they'd probably steal them from him and then what would we do. :)
This big guy was right there off the dock. Close on 8-10 feet long. He'd just hang out then randomly float along a bit. So neat. There was another one there by the dock that scared the hebbie jeebies out of us when he jumped up to eat something. I thought I was a goner for sure, even though he was still 6 ft away at least. Those suckers can move!
Just a beautiful view of the swamp. It's actually quite pretty, good weather today and hardly any bugs.
We met these birds when we were in Guatemala. They nicknamed them "Jesus Birds" because they seem to be able to walk on water. Though one guy said he calls them "Peter Birds" because sometimes they fall in. :)
Mom was so excited to see these mossy trees. I think this stuff is so cool, and kind of freaky when you're out there at night. You can just hear all those Southern Ghosts coming out to get you. I prefer them in the day light.
See ya Later, Alligator! It was a good little trip.

2 comments:

Tori said...

That so sounds like something your dad would do. Your parents look good. It's been a long time since I've seen them. I love your family.

kamaile said...

That's nice that your parents were able to come out and visit you. I think I would be a bit apprehensive about visiting a gator park. Scary! I prefer to have something in between me and the alligator.