I love Museums: Art, Science, Children's, Health, War...everything. You can learn so much and experience everything in a museum. You don't have to travel the world to do it either, it's just right there in your back yard.
Well the Houston Museum of Natural Science has a rather large Chemistry section. And since my Dad is a Chemist I knew he'd love this section, which of course he did, made a Bee Line right for it. That section is followed by an Energy Section that pretty much walks you through Jared's job of how they get Oil out of the ground. So this was an adventure I knew my parents would love.
Let's start with some Amethyst. Isn't it lovely! They have huge ones like this all over the museum.

There is a Pirate Exhibit going on. We weren't able to go through it, but we did get a few shots with the local pirates just for fun.

Now I know where I get my craziness from, and here I was thinking it was from my Mother. Silly Grandpa!

This wall acts like a mood ring. Sicily loved it! Notice she has bare feet, we were making footprints on the wall too.

In Oil Field language this is a Christmas Tree. After they've drilled the well this is what they install to continue to flow of oil coming from the ground.

There is Oil all over the world. When I think of oil I think of slippery, black, wet stuff. Well that's not always the case. In some places it's red, or green or even silver muddy goop. This shows you the thickness and colors of oil in different places around the world.

Nitrogen compared to Oxygen, or something like that. Pretty much just a cool spot to take a picture with my Mom.

Racing to make the most energy. HURRY, HURRY spin it faster!!!

Cool little model of how they refine the oil and make it usable as gas or what not. Jared and Dad had fun learning from each other.

Mom, Dad and the baby. Even though I'm 31 I'm still the baby. So nice to have my parents visit, stinks that we can't live closer together.
No comments:
Post a Comment