Fall

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Trunk-or-Treat / Halloween

What fun it is to dress up your kids for Halloween. My older ones are finally getting of an age where they want to BE something in particular. Aspen this year wanted to be a Peacock. And I must say our costume turned out quite nicely. Dad found the wings and skirt, Mom made the Mardi Gras Mask and added the Peacock feathers to the wings. And with Aspens help it all came together.
Beaux was easier to dress, though he was not happy about it in the least.
Because Halloween was on a Sunday this year our Church hosted a Tri-Ward Trunk-or-Treat the Saturday before. We all had such a good time. There was a carnival first with games and food then the Trunk-or-Treating began. We brought home WAY more candy than we handed out. I was a Fortune Teller, Sicily's a Graduate, London was a Werewolf, Aunt Marlene a Doctor, Granma with the Spiders, and Grandpa just as Grandpa.
Phoenix went as Bumblebee and found his friend Adam was Optimus Prime. You'd have thought they'd worked it out.
Let's get some Candy!!These little girls are just the cutest. You've got Princess Peach, Princess Zelda and Cleopatra. They're mom made all these costumes, can you believe it!
Jared wanted to take our snake, Flame, as part of his costume. He was thinking a Pirate of Wizard or some such. Well shopping for costumes is tougher as your "kids" get older. In the end I found a Snake Charmer costume. Well, we called it that anyway. It was a HUGE hit. Every kid there got a chance to touch Flame.
And now that Jared's an Early Morning Seminary Teacher even the older kids were impressed.
This guy was awesome! Had to pose for pictures all night.
This is the Marine that came to my Den Meeting last year. Looking good as a Musketeer.
I never knew you could get these chairs this big. You'd have to put it in the back of your truck just to take it with you.
Disney's favorite ghost.
And my favorite. The Aussie dressed like Vegemite, with free samples and everything. I'll take the Chocolate though, thanks!

All in all a good evening.

2 comments:

Kamaile said...

Very creative costumes. That big chair is pretty awesome.

Ms. McKellips said...

I'm super glad I got to be there. Thanks for inviting me. The Trunk-R-Treat was a blast. I spent just as much time keeping Dad out of the candy as I did Aspen!! He's a real sucker for licorice.