Fall

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Weird Science Wednesdays.

Our rather large snake shed his skin a while back. He finally shed it in one shot, all in one. So we set it out to measure. Flame's rather hard to measure himself, doesn't really hold still and all, so it's hard to get it accurate. So we went for the skin. Flame is now 4 ft 8 in from head to tail.

I asked Aspen if she wanted to take his skin to school and show it off. In the end her Science teacher put her on the school's morning news for Weird Science Wednesdays to talk all about Flame and his habits. Pretty cool, and the whole school got to watch her on the TV's in their classrooms. She was even good enough to share that when he finishes off his mice he looks like he's eating spaghetti, but that it's just the mouses tail. Nice!

London's TV sound is a bit broken so they couldn't hear a lot. One kid asked out loud, "I wonder how long that snake actually is?" London said, "4 ft 8 in." "How do you know?" "Because that's my snake and that's my sister." Bonus points on the cool kid scale. It's funny what does that for kids.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Wicked is AMAZING!!! We loved it too! I didn't know it was here in Houston. I'm glad you got to see it!

Wendy said...

I have to admit that I am pretty proud of your sweet girl. She did a great job. It is still hanging on the wall and my third graders LOVE it!