Fall

Monday, September 8, 2008

Brazos Bend State Park


For Labor Day we did not labor. Instead we drove 40 mins, in I don't know which direction, and found this wonderful State Park.

There are wild alligators that roam free, much the same and as buffalo at Yellowstone. We took our bikes and rode a 1.5 mile loop around part of the Brazos River. We saw 10 alligators, ranging in size from 3 ft - 12 ft.

There are warning signs all over for your safety but the only attacks that we've heard of were on visitors small dogs. Which I think is kind of funny! :) But since we had small children with us, we were a bit more careful. This was the 2nd alligator we came upon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya'll are crazy. Though I guess you could pedal faster than an alligator could run. But still....

Meg said...

I think I would have turned around and gone the other direction. There are plenty of wild animals I get closer to than I probably should, but alligators are not one of them.

I'm glad you have a blog. It's been so long I didn't have any idea you had four kids! Wow. Since I haven't kept up with you, I don't know that you've kept up with what's going on with me, either. So check out my blog when you get a chance. mooresmusings.blogspot.com