Fall

Thursday, April 9, 2009

He bit me

It was my own fault really. Notice the 2 tiny red dots right in the middle of the picture.
So as many of you know we have a pet Corn Snake named Flame. He's bright red and orange and about 4 ft long, we've owned him for about 2 1/2 years and he's never bit anyone.

I'd just fed him and pulled him out to play with the kids. Phoenix accidentally knelt on him while crawling after him, so I picked him up so he wouldn't get hurt again and he struck me on my forearm. Didn't latch on, just struck. It didn't hurt much, scared me more than anything. The bite is only about a 1/4 of an inch. Not much to brag about, but it did bleed.

So though I've read it a million times, I'll actually remember this time, don't play with snakes just after they've eaten.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a ball python in my class and sometimes I was naughty and didn't feed him for a while and he'd be starving. Throwing the mice in his feeding bin was scary when he was hungry. I for sure thought I would get bitten, but it never happened.

PS. The word verification says "zanick." I think that's funny.

Lelani said...

you have a pet snake??? that's just funny. and I didn't know about not petting after eating. I guess I learned something new. :-)

Melissa said...

OUCH!