Fall

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Break Camp Out

We meant to go camping with some friends for a few nights over the long week, but there was just too much else going on. So instead we invited those friends over for a sleep-over-camp-out in our own back yard.

Jared loves setting up these tents, and it's moves much quicker when you have some helpers.
And since we just recently moved our garden to the other side of the house, this empty space was optimal for a fire pit. Now the debate is if we make it permanent.
Jared and I have been married now for 10 years and had yet to have used the ice cream maker we were given as a present at our Reception. So 10 years too late we whipped up some rather yummy chocolate ice cream (though the raspberry version we made a few days later was MUCH better). This is not a normal at camp outs, so all the kids were rather excited. And I now understand why my parents always put the Ice Cream Maker on the bathroom counter while it worked. Those suckers are LOUD!
The favorite part of the evening. Dancing around the camp fire. Just kidding. Plenty of marshmallows and smores to go around. They went through 2 whole bags of marshmallows! Though Charlie was hanging out rather close to it all, so I'm not too sure how many he may have snitched.

We tucked the kids all into bed around 11, and were out ourselves by 11:30. I woke up around 3:40 to boys laughing in the back yard, poked my head out the window, told them to put their DS's away and, "GO TO SLEEP!" I think they got a grand total of 3 hours that night. :) Whoever decided to call them SLEEP-overs, has obviously never been to one. :)

No comments: