Fall

Thursday, May 6, 2010

30 Minute Pet

While talking on the phone in the kitchen the other morning I heard a very loud THUMP on my sliding glass door. Only to look up and find this poor little baby Cardinal flopping around on the ground. I thought she was a gonner for sure. Especially when Charlie walked up to have a sniff.

So dog in the garage, I made a call to the vet. She said to just let him be. Apparently they hit the glass with their chests and it just knocks the wind out of them. When they get their wind back they'll fly away.
So for 30 mins we had a pet baby Cardinal. We all got to pet her, Phoenix put a handful of bird seed in front of her, which she ate all of and we got a few pictures. Then she flew away. I'm REALLY glad she was ok. Kind of sad we couldn't keep her, but really, I'd rather have a boy cardinal anyway...if I had a choice that is.

No comments: