Fall

Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's Out!

Aspen was so sad all night because her loose tooth was hurting horribly. I mentioned the string idea again and she when straight to the craft closet and brought me about 4 ft of yarn. :) Apparently she was ready to get the thing out.

Instead we got some sewing thread, and after a good 15 mins of trying to tie it around that tiny tooth, Jared was finally able to pull it out.
She was good to go until she saw the blood on the tissues. I think that's when the pain sank in. Not too many tears, but some good hugs and kind words of consolation were MUCH needed. Plus an ice cold wash cloth really does the trick on the sore gums.
And now we have another toothless grin in the house. Aspen is 6 yrs 3 months old and has FINALLY lost her 1st tooth. As you can see, she is very proud. Marched around the house the whole rest of the evening, "I can't believe I lost my tooth. I just can't believe it." :)

3 comments:

Tori said...

Sophie still hasn't lost her first tooth. She will be 6 in March. But then again she was late getting her teeth (she was 1 when her first tooth came in).

It looks to me like Aspen was very brave. So, what is the going rate for the tooth fairy in Houston?

Wendy said...

She showed me her new grin first thing this morning! She was very concerned about her tooth all day yesterday. I am glad everthing worked out okay!

Melissa said...

Jessica lost her first tooth last Friday (1/16) and I barely found it this Friday...so the tooth fairy came back to the house to pick it up and left her a gold dollar coin. She is still excited about it being gone.