Fall

Monday, January 26, 2009

What's with the Bugs?

So I'm getting ready for bed last night, turn around out of the kitchen and spot this on my wall. Notice the plug and how freakishly huge this thing is. That's not it's butt by the way, those are wings. I'm just glad I found it on the wall and not flying in my face, I would have flipped.
I might add that to date, this is the biggest bug, thus far, I've seen in Texas. Not to be compared to the Huntsman Spider on our front porch in Australia that was a good 8 inches across. I did not capture this one for a bug collection.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I call them mosquito hawks. I have been told that they are good bugs and eat mosquitos but your guess is as good as mine.

Lelani said...

oh, these guys will eat your mosquitoes so it's a good thing to have them around.