Fall

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Menu

I hate cooking dinner. Don't get me wrong, I love to cook. But EVERYDAY gets a bit monotonous. And I really run out of ideas. So 4:30 rolls around and I'm scanning cookbooks only to find I don't have all the ingredients for any recipe I want to cook. So we always end up with the old stand by, Spaghetti and Meatballs.

So what to do? I've started making a Menu for the week either Sunday or Monday night. That way while Phoenix is at preschool on Tuesday I can go shopping for ALL the ingredients I need for those 5+ recipes. And knowing you only have to choose between 5 items instead of an entire bookshelf of Cook Books, is SOOO nice.

And an added bonus, you have leftovers for the entire weekend so you can play on your weekends instead of cook. LOVE IT!!

Bon Appetite!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Menu planning is a lifesaver. If you're interested, Organizing Junkie does a menu roundup on Mondays. She calls it Menu Plan Monday. You can add your menu and there are TONS of other menus to look at. I always peruse other people's menus for ideas.

I have a link to her blog in the sidebar of my blog. The rules are posted on her blog.