Every Thursday the Houston Museum of Fine Arts is FREE!!! (I just love that word) So while Marlene was here we went to the museum, just me, Sicily and Marlene. The docents followed us around like a pack of wolves. Mostly because Sicily was by far the youngest kid there, but also because Marlene and I tend to get rather close to the paintings to actually look at the strokes. This freaks the docents out because they think we're trying to touch the paintings. :)
This is the first bit of art you come across when you go into the museum. There's a big sign that tells you it's OK to walk on the art. Sicily thought that was pretty cool.
This is a lighted hallway that Sicily was enthralled with. The light color changes about every half hour, we only saw it in Blue, but I've seen it pink before too.

We weren't allowed to take many pictures, but in some areas you can. Marlene found this beautiful vase, I think she'd like a copy for herself actually.

And the gift shop gave me so good ideas for craft projects I could do with my kiddos. These first 2 are mobiles made out of paper. Aren't they awesome!?!


And here's a few broach flowers made from soda pop cans. Too cool if you ask me.
1 comment:
Hey, I figure, if they didn't want you up close and personal with the painting they'd put up a rope or a cage or some big giant sign or something. Besides, how can one truely appreciate a beautiful work of art until one can see all the work that went into it!! AND I think I need new glasses.
Post a Comment