
All 4 of the kids went to bed last night wearing PJ's that specifically had some green on them. That way they were prepared for St Patrick's Day morning, to NOT get pinched. They crack me up!
So we started our green day off right with Green Milk, Green Scrambled Eggs, and Green French Toast. Aspen was convinced that the green milk tasted funny. I tried to tell them the Leprechauns dyed everything, but Phoenix was quick to point out that I'd just used the food coloring. Stinks when your 5 year old is too smart for his own good.
Oh! They spent Breakfast pinching all their silverware and the Maple Syrup Jar because they weren't wearing green. :)

So long story short. We drove downtown today to attend the largest St. Patrick's Day Parade in the nation. It started at noon, so we got there at 11:00 to have plenty of time. But when 12:00 rolled around there was not a float to be found. I'd read it all in the Newspaper, checked the website like a billion times, found the parade route and parking lots close by and everything. So I was completely dumbfounded. Called Jared on my cell and had him check the web...the Parade was on Sat. March 13th. We'd completely missed it. AUGH!!! Apparently I didn't read everything.
So we made the most of it and had fun in the park, picnic and all.
Here's my 2 cute green girls sitting next to their self proclaimed "Pot of Gold."

It was kind of an Artsy Fartsy kind of park so they had all this cool sculpture, which the kids really enjoyed. This is actually functional art, it's the exit to the underground parking lot. Cool huh!

The park itself was pretty basic, but lots of fun. You can't go wrong with musical chimes.

This "trampoline" / Birds Nest was a good 15 ft off the ground. But I didn't get to play, you had to be under 10.

This dog was awfully friendly, and wouldn't lick of even look at Sicily when she pet him, so of course Sicily loved him. He was sitting at the bottom of the slide. I'm not sure if she wanted me to keep taking her down the slide because it was fun or if she just thought that was the only route to get to the dog. :)

So after a nice little picnic in 70 degree weather they all stripped off their shoes, and then some, and had a little fun.
Phoenix used to be so afraid of stuff like this, I am so glad he's gotten past that stage.

The wind started to pick up and it was pretty cold. I FINALLY convinced London he'd be warmer if he took off his completely soaked shirt. Low and Behold about a minute later his teeth weren't chattering anymore.

Sicily even got in on the action. She did not want to get her dress wet (I don't know why she cared) so we stole Phoenix's shirt after he'd stripped it off. She wanted just her panties, but I convinced her otherwise.
Another piece of funky functional art. It's a bench and a water toy all in one.

It's really hard to warm up on the sidewalk when your baby sister keeps coming over and laying on you in her freezing cold wet t-shirt.

And this is what happens when you PLAY all day at the park.
2 comments:
that's funny about missing the parade. ha ha ha I noticed it was on the 13th and thought it was a bit odd. I guess they want adults there too.
You guys are too cute. I can't believe all the stuff you guys do. I think I need a nap just reading about the playing in the park... I'd be asleep in the car, too.
Post a Comment